When was the last time you thought about your company’s email signature? Most companies appreciate the importance of consistency in maintaining and building their brand, but it’s easy to overlook the small things that can make a big difference. While brand strategy is normally the preserve of the marketing department, we often talk to our customers about signature management because there are some great tools available to make keeping it clear and consistent a breeze.
So here’s a few reasons why you should consider whether your email signatures are working hard enough for you and your business:
- An email is often the first point of contact for any customer, partner or supplier, and a professional and consistent signature makes a great first impression
- Not only that, but you can inject a bit of personality into your signature to make your company stand out
- With centralised software to manage the signature, you can make changes and roll them out across every email from every mailbox with ease
- People receiving your emails regularly are often your most valued customers – and your email signature is an opportunity to upsell or draw their attention to new products or services.
- It’s also an opportunity to signpost how you want people to contact you – if you’d rather your customers used a particular channel above all others, that’s the one you should put in your signatures
- And finally, don’t forget SEO and web traffic – we’ve found that putting a link to the latest post on our blog in our signature results in significantly more traffic to our website.
Do talk to us if you want more information about how easy signature management software can be to install and look after. If you want some pointers about what to put in signatures, Xink – our recommended signature management product – has compiled some great dos and don’ts, some technical, some more style related.
To find out more about signature management talk to Tom Robbins on 0117 974 5179 or email@example.com.